Top Menu

Facebook “Send”

Facebook SendBreaking news that you’ll love!

Have you heard about the Facebook “Send” button? It allows for integrating email with Facebook for sharing which means that you can now not only “Like” great content, but send it via email when you want to share the content more privately.

When using “Send” you have the option of either sending to a friend’s Facebook mail or to an email account such as Gmail. How great is that?

There are already a number of blogs that have picked up on this news and are sharing the information but here is a great start…Chris Farrell posted a video on his blog that demonstrates the “Send” button use and installation. I think you’ll really like it so go check it out right now and then come back and let me know what you think.

Got it? It’s really very cool, yes? So tell me, are you running right off to put a “Send” button or perhaps a combination “Like/Send” buttons on your site?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

, ,

60 Responses to Facebook “Send”

1. Donna Turner April 29, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

Hi Linnea,

Thank you for sharing that video. Wow, I feel like I’m in on some privileged information. For once, I know about a change in facebook before they “spring” it on us. (I also see a lot of not so subtle marketing going on Chris’ site, which I guess isn’t all bad. We have to let people know what we do if they will ever be able to benefit from it, right?) I’ll be back to see what other great information you have to share.

Another sharing feature is on constant Contact emails – where they have all kinds of share buttons now. But the new send button is nice because it can be private. Thanks again,
    Donna

2. Mandy Swift April 29, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

Hi Linnea, Facebook are always so far ahead of the curve – it is a marketers paradise :) I think the new ‘send’ button is a great idea. Sometimes you do want to share information a little more selectively than just plastering it all over facebook. Anything that helps to get the word out has got to be good news for us as marketers.
    thanks for the heads up :)
    Mandy Swift recently posted..“The Devil Is In The Details” – Your Call To Action ButtonMy Profile

3. Donna Merrill April 29, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

Hi Linnea, I do find the FB share button very useful. A few times I have used it to send someone information I thought would be useful to them. Great post and thanks for enlightening people to this great tool.
    Donna Merrill

4. Donna Merrill April 29, 2011 at 5:49 pm #

Thanks for giving us this useful information. I have used the share button a few times and it is awesome when I have something I find to share with someone.
    Thanks again,
    Donna Merrill

5. Donna Merrill April 29, 2011 at 6:31 pm #

Linnea, what a great tip. I have used this a few times and it is just awesome! When you want to share something you come across with someone you know is interested, it is so easy to do. Thanks for posting this.
    Donna Merrill

6. David Merrill April 29, 2011 at 9:15 pm #

Excellent tip, Linnea.

Facebook is constantly changing and adding features, so it’s good to have you out here to keep us on our toes.

The FB Send sounds like a really useful tool. I’m jumping on it, so again, thanks for the tip!
    David Merrill recently posted..The Difference… and Big Similarity… Between Internet Marketing and Network MarketingMy Profile

7. Bill Hartman April 30, 2011 at 5:00 am #

Love the Share Button, If I feel the content is something that I agree with and would be something that my friend would like to see I always use the Share Button.

Bill

8. Yorinda May 4, 2011 at 11:38 pm #

Hi Linnea,

that was interesting information.
    I didn’t know about the send button and the choice to send it to either email.
    It is amazing about all the new things on facebook.

To your success
    Yorinda
    Yorinda recently posted..How to Install LoveMy Profile

9. Linnea May 5, 2011 at 8:49 am #

Hi Donna,

You are quite welcome. It’s fun to find and share something that’s hot and fresh. Are you going to give it a try? You are also right on about Chris’ site but I’ve learned to overlook/ignore it myself because he does have some good stuff. Interesting note on Constant Contact. I don’t use that myself but I’m sure that many of my readers do so thanks for sharing that with us.

I look forward to your return.

10. Linnea May 5, 2011 at 8:59 am #

Hi Donna,

I’m glad to hear you find the share button a useful tool. It sounds like you might be happy enough with that to just keep using it rather than try the new “send” button? Or perhaps it is the new button that you’ve already had some experience with? It certainly does seem to be a wonderful new tool.

11. Linnea May 5, 2011 at 9:01 am #

Hey again, Donna.

Great to see you back so soon. I love seeing someone who has jumped right on a new tool and gives us feedback. You are welcome for the post and thank you for the feedback! Hope to see you again soon.

12. Linnea May 5, 2011 at 9:04 am #

Hi David,

It’s as much fun for me to find and share new tools (if not more so) as it is for you to read about them. Great to hear you are jumping on it and would love to hear your thoughts after you’ve had a chance to give it a whirl. Please do come back and let us know what you think.

13. Linnea May 5, 2011 at 9:06 am #

Hi Bill,

Yes, the Share button is a very handy feature as well and I absolutely agree with you that it still need to be content that you think your folks would be interested in. It just doesn’t pay to “share” for the sake of sharing. Thanks for your comment.

14. Linnea May 5, 2011 at 9:16 am #

Hi Yorinda,

I know, isn’t it fun? FB has so many nooks and crannies to explore, it could most easily be a full time job in and of itself. I suppose that is the flip side of FB…not to get too lost in it that you don’t get other things done. All in moderation. I do love the idea of being able to send something more privately though and am grateful for this new option. Thanks for your comment.

15. Chester Delameter May 5, 2011 at 9:16 am #

Linnea

Thanks for keeping us up to date with all the changes on Facebook. This looks like another great tool to use.

Keep up the good work!

Have a Great Day
    Chester
    Chester Delameter recently posted..More of the Shalt notsMy Profile

16. Linnea May 5, 2011 at 9:20 am #

Hi Chester,

You are very welcome. I hope you are going to give it a try and let us know what you think.
    Thank you for stopping by.

17. Jaclyn Castro May 5, 2011 at 4:50 pm #

I LOVE hot off the press stuff Linnea! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Not many people are giving when it comes to “secrets” like these. Chris was so enthusiastic and I know why :-) This is breaking news that we can implement right away for our web and blog sites today.

I’ll definitely be adding this feature to my blog asap. Next time I visit here I know you will have one too since at the moment my guess is this is on your to-do list :-)

GREAT stuff! Thanks again!

-Jaclyn Castro
    Jaclyn Castro recently posted..A New Understanding of Sponsoring &amp How to Make It Work for YouMy Profile

18. Rick Lelchuk May 6, 2011 at 4:36 am #

Linnea,
    Keeping up to date with the changes on the Internet is a daunting task. You’ve assisted all of us by posting Chris’ video. Isn’t there a plugin to our brains that would keep us up to date and current? LOL! RICK
    Rick Lelchuk recently posted..Grandma’s 2 centsMy Profile

19. Steve Shoemaker May 6, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

Great idea Linnea I love Chris Farrell he is always sharing great content I see we both are in great company.

Facebook is ever changing that is for sure little tweaks like these could make a difference one day good stuff to know.

Steve
    Steve Shoemaker recently posted..Mindset Article Of The Week Channel Your Inner MillionaireMy Profile

20. Linnea May 10, 2011 at 9:26 am #

Hi Jaclyn,

You are so very welcome…and I LOVE your enthusiasm. It really is a lot of fun finding new little tools and gizmos to use, isn’t it? It’s great that you are going to implement it as well. When you’ve had a chance to use it for a bit, please do come back and let us know what you learn. I can’t wait to hear what you think about it.

21. Linnea May 10, 2011 at 9:27 am #

Hi Rick,

Would that there was…I could really use a plugin like that. Now there is a product idea for you. Let me know when you have that one ready to go. :)

22. Linnea May 10, 2011 at 9:33 am #

Hi Steve,

Great to hear from a fan of Chris’. I admit that I don’t get to all of his stuff however, what I have read, I have found to be good quality information. I agree that the small tweaks can and will certainly add up. Just keep testing and hang on to the positive changes while eliminating those that don’t pay off.

23. marquita herald May 10, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Great tip Linnea – I saw Chris’ video as well. The great news is that there’s already a WordPress plugin available for this little send tab – just download and activate. I love WordPress!
    marquita herald recently posted..Master Delegation- Let Go and Trust Other PeopleMy Profile

24. Linnea May 10, 2011 at 10:44 pm #

Hi Marquita,

Great new about the plugin. Isn’t that amazing that they move soooo fast?!! I will definitely have to check that out. Thanks for sharing that back with us.

25. Andy Nathan May 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm #

That is really cool and useful for the times when you do not want to update your entire network about different blog posts.

26. Linnea May 13, 2011 at 6:41 pm #

Hi Andy,

Precisely what I thought! It seems like that often comes up and now it’s quite do-able. Enjoy~

27. Bryan McHeyzer May 16, 2011 at 9:09 pm #

Hi Linnea,
    Not so long ago I discovered facebook and was amazed at what goes on there.
    Recently got a like page another great tool for us to use as marketers.
    Now another discovery thanks to you…it would be nice to be able to share things with friends without posting on the wall.

Great post and thanks for keeping us up to date.

Cheers
    Bryan
    Bryan McHeyzer recently posted..Build Any Business!My Profile

28. Linnea May 23, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

Hi Bryan,

You are more than welcome and congrats on discovering the powers of FB. I think you’ll really love having a page. Best of luck to you with your FB explorations and thanks for stopping by.

29. Julieanne van Zyl June 8, 2011 at 3:56 am #

Hi Linnea, it’s great to be able to select our facebook friends or other friends, that we send information to, instead of it randomly going in any friends newsfeeds. It’s exciting to see all the changes Facebook make to their site! bye for now, Julieanne
    Julieanne van Zyl recently posted..For your network marketing business develop a marketing funnel planMy Profile

30. Linnea June 8, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

Hi Julieanne,

I’m so with you there. It makes you wonder what will be new tomorrow…and that’s half the fun of it, I think. I look forward to seeing you there.

31. Jaden Daniels June 9, 2011 at 8:31 pm #

Linnea,
    Thanks for sharing about the Facebook Send. I use this tool and find it very useful. After reading some the comments, I will look for the plugin for WordPress.

Jaden
    Jaden Daniels recently posted..Magical Creation Box To Manifest Your DesiresMy Profile

32. Gary Young China Sourcing June 11, 2011 at 10:46 am #

Hi Linnea,

This facebook “send” button sounds like it is exactly what I need. I’m looking forward to trying it out. Thank you for sharing.

33. William Earl Amis, Jr III June 13, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

Linnea, wonderful and useful post…

I have used this with great results. I found it was very useful when I needed information to review with various groups I am involved with. We all have the same information and brainstorm.

You have given us usable content time and time again. Your a true mentor and coach in our industry.

Linnea, I look forward in your next great share.

34. Beverly Monical June 14, 2011 at 9:02 am #

I like this tutorial but I am not sure exactly where I put it on my blog.:) I will watch it all again and hopefully I will get it figured out.Love the idea!
    Beverly Monical recently posted..How Many Friends Do You Have On Facebook/Twitter?My Profile

35. Terrific Tonya Heathco June 15, 2011 at 11:22 pm #

Linnea,

I think it’s great you are keeping your readers on top of the game by bringing us important information. You have the makings of a true leader.

Keep up the good work!

Terrific Tonya Heathco
    National Seizure Disorders Foundation
    Terrific Tonya Heathco recently posted..NSDF: Our Position in a World of IgnoranceMy Profile

36. Linnea June 16, 2011 at 9:33 am #

Hi Jaden,

You are welcome. Thank you for providing another data point for us. I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t like it but it is always good to hear other feedback. I think we’ll all be looking for that plugin :) Thanks for stopping by.

37. Linnea June 16, 2011 at 9:35 am #

Hi Gary,

Good to see you again.
    I do hope you find it is just what you need and hope you come back and share your experience with it.

38. Linnea June 16, 2011 at 9:50 am #

Hi William,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I do what I can for you and thank you for sharing your experience with FB Send. That sounds like a perfect application for the button and one that I will use myself. Thanks again for your comments.

39. Linnea June 16, 2011 at 9:58 am #

Hi Beverly,

You could put it on each of your posts (and/or pages) to help others share your information. You could use it very much like the like the “Like” or “Share” buttons, the big difference being that you get the option to share privately via email with the send button. One option is to install the plugin, and let it place the button for you. Hope this helps.

40. Linnea June 16, 2011 at 10:09 am #

Hey Tonya,

Thanks so much. It’s really rewarding and fun for me, too learning about new tools you can use to further your business. I’m more than happy to share what I find. Thanks for leaving a comment.

41. Joyce Penner July 1, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

I am definitely going to go and install that little button on my blog. Super simple way to email a private message to check out this site from me.

Thanks Linnea.
    Joyce Penner recently posted..Focusing on the end makes decisions easyMy Profile

42. Linnea July 6, 2011 at 9:54 am #

Hi Joyce,

You are welcome. Go forth and enjoy!
    If you get a chance, come back and let us know how it works for you.

43. Loren July 7, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

Thanks so much Linnea for sharing another great little tool; it sounds like that’s exactly what I need. I’m certainly going to be giving it a try and can’t wait to see the results! Thanks for exploring all these exciting new tools and so generously passing along the information… much appreciated!

44. Peter Fuller MBA July 8, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

Hey Linnea

Thanks for sharing this.

It goes to show you we can learn something new everyday :)

Peter
    Peter Fuller MBA recently posted..How to Attract your Niche to your Blog – Day 4 of 5My Profile

45. Linnea, a great find! yes FB does change often and it can be hard to keep up with the changes.

I’m with Mandy (above) this is great news for we markters!

and it’s nice to know there is already a plug-in for it too!

46. Linnea July 12, 2011 at 1:07 pm #

Hi Loren,

You are so very welcome.
    I hope you find it serves your purposes well.

47. Linnea July 12, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

Hey Peter,

AHA – great point! and here’s to learning something new every day!

48. Linnea July 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

Hi Carla,

Yes, it is interesting trying to keep up with everything. Gosh, just between Facebook and Google, one could spend their life. Having the plugin available definitely simplifies implementation in this case. That seems to be a requirement for to achieve widespread adoption these days. Thanks for stopping by.

49. Hans Schoff @ ways to make extra money July 13, 2011 at 1:53 am #

Hey Linnea, thanks for sharing about this. I hadn’t heard about the facebook send button but I had seen the button on a few sites without realizing it had a different functionality than the like or share buttons. Thanks for the heads up!
    Hans Schoff @ ways to make extra money recently posted..Creating Wealth – Ways to Make Extra Money Around Your ScheduleMy Profile

50. Linnea July 14, 2011 at 7:58 am #

Hi Hans,

You are quite welcome. I hope you try it and let us know what you think.